Hot Stone Massage Therapy Course
Polynesian Katamasi Kata - 'Hot' Masi Massage
Polynesian Hot Stone Massage (Katamasi) utilizes long flowing strokes as well as specific placements of heated stones.Katamasi Therapy involves the treatment of disease with the therapeutic application of heat. Specific placements and massage strokes with hot rocks helps aid circulation, digestion, decreases muscular spasm and pain, softens tissue, boost immune system and lymphatic system.The deep penetrating heat of the stones prepares the body for deeper work relieving pain and cleansing the body.
Hot Stone Therapy creates a profound healing that enables the body to enter a deep state of relaxation. It is more than just a massage, this treatment often promotes and accelerates emotional healing, as the whole body is finally able to “let go” allowing people to reconnect to their inner strength.
The course is a hands on with lots of practise so when you leave you will confidently be able to give an 1 1/2 hour Hot Stone massage using the required equipment safely and skillfully in your own clinic.This always means you receive lots of fantastic treatments over the 2 days of the course. When you leave you will have an extensive and thorough knowledge of lots of different ways to use the stones to masage with and placement of the stones.The basalt stones used vary from quite large to very small and placement of the rocks on the body to reduce tension and loosen the muscles before massaging is a very important part of the hot stone massage you will learn. The 54 Spa set basalt rocks are availble for sale and are quite a large set of varying shapes and sizes.
During the course you partner up,working in pairs and each pair has a set of 54 rocks to work with learning the function and useage of all the different sizes for massage and placement.
You will leave loving the organic nature of the stones, and the magic they work on contracted muscles taking the client to an amazing deep level of relaxation .A very powerful massage with the stones doing the magic for the practitioner.
What you will learn
- One and half hour Hot Stone Massage
- Types, shape, and usage of a 54 Spa set of hot stones
- How to use basalt stones for deep tissue work,relaxation and remedial work.
- Placement of stones under and on body for Remedial, Therapeutic and Relaxation massage
- How to adapt hot stone therapy to your style of massage
- Tools and equipment needed
- How to look after stones-clean and heat
- Contraindications, work place health and safety, safe use of stones and equipment
Ultimate Benefits of course
- New healing skills
- Give and receive hot stone treatments
- Gentle detox of own body
- Being pampered and nurtured
- Personal empowerment and awareness
Who this course is for?
- Massage/Beauty Therapist wanting to learn further techniques.
- Massage/Beauty Therapist students wanting to learn more skills to gain employment.
- Therapists wanting time out to nurture self through giving and receiving many therapeutic treatments as well as connecting to nature and inner Self.
Hot stone 54 Spa set Volcanic Rocks available for sale $295.
Rocks are in organic state unpolished and range from large to small. Sets include placement and massage rocks of varying sizes and shapes. The set weighs between 10-12kg.
My suggestion is you do course first before purchasing rocks so you can make informed decisions as to what set of rocks will suit your style of massage etc.
Venue: Turners Horse Farm 6615 Midland Hwy Guildford. (Castlemaine/Daylesford area)
Cost: $395 (early bird payment Deposit of $100 paid 4 weeks prior to course) or otherwise $445
Sat _Sun 20th -21st April 2013
Sat _Sun 16th -17th November 2013
Day 1 10.00am -4.30pm (Approx)
Day 2 9.00am - 4.00pm
Contact Kaye Dixon (03) 5476-4288 or email email@example.com
Accomodation is available. Please refer to accomodation page
. Interstate travel arrangements assisted with.
Click Here to download an enrolment form
Course is limited to 12 people. Places will be confirmed on receipt of $100 deposit to ensure your place.